In Clinic Appointments with Cherice Baker
I have recently relocated from Johannesburg, South Africa.
I bring to you the experience and expertise that I have gained by being in practice since 2002.
I approach health and vitality in a completely holistic manner.
I treat each person as an individual. I work with each person to address their health needs, taking all the factors of their lives into account.
My ideal clients are people, who are wanting to use non-drug approaches to either maintain or regain their health. People, who realise, that health is a continuum and that by investing in health promotion rather than disease management, they can change the trajectory of their health journey.
I have a strong background in functional medicine, which means that I will work with you to understand what is at the root of your health issues – I do not work to simply alleviate symptoms. Symptoms are a sign of what is going wrong in the body at a functional level. If we correct the function, the symptoms resolve. What is missing in your body and what is there too much of?
I apply all the techniques that I have learnt – homeopathic medicine, herbal medicine, functional medicine and functional diagnostics and coaching to help you become a healthier version of yourself.
My areas of interest are:
- Gut health – good health begins in the gut and you cannot have optimal health unless your gut function is optimal.
- Female hormone balance – from preteen through to menopause, hormonal imbalance can impact women (and their families) in so many ways.
- Immune balance – immune imbalance shows itself in allergies, repeated infections and autoimmune diseases.
- Emotional health and stress management.
- Nutrigenetics and nutrigenomics – how your health is impacted by your genetic response to your diet and lifestyle. The creation of an individualized supplement programme designed around your unique genetic make-up.
I believe that the gut-immune axis is the cornerstone to health and that physical and emotional health cannot be separated.
I will use scientific, proven strategies wherever possible. This includes the use of standard laboratory testing and functional laboratory testing. We need to ask the right questions in order to get the answers.
I have received certification in the following courses:
- University of Johannesburg Short Learning Programme – Complimentary and Alternative Medical Approach to Reproductive Health in 2010
- Certified Heartmath Coach in 2018
- AFMCP in 2012
- Currently enrolled in a Translational Nutrigenetics course through Manuka Sciences
I look forward to working with you to make you the healthiest possible version of yourself!
or visit her Facebook or Website by clicking icons below